In 2004, Oakley developed the THUMP, sunglasses with built-in digital audio player. This design has been copied by a number of smaller companies.
Sunglasses are also known as
- Glares is a term popular in India if the glass is dark. If it is light then Coolers
- Sun spectacles is a term used by some opticians.
- Spekkies is a term used predominantly in southern Australia.
- Sun specs (also sunspecs) is the shortened form of the above term.
- Sunglasses is a term in common usage in Britain and North America, and it is also used when preceded by "pair of".
- Sun-shades can also refer to the sun-shading eyepiece-type, although the term is not exclusive to these. Also in use is the derivative abbreviation, shades.
- Dark glasses (also preceded by pair of) - generic term in common usage.
- Sunnies is Australian and New Zealand Slang
- Specs is a common name for sunglasses in North America.
- Smoked spectacles usually refers to the darkened eyepieces wornby blind people.
- Solar Shields Usually refers to the models of sunglasses with large lenses.
- Stunna shades Used as a slang term in the hippi movement, usually referring to sunglasses with oversized lenses.
- Hater blockers
- Locs (also maddoggers) is a term for very dark lensed sunglasses.
Designer Sunglasses can found here.